Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 7, Run 3

This was a mentally tough run. I attempted to do this run on Thurs. and could only get thru the first 12 mins. before my calves felt so stiff that I couldn't even walk. I had some bad lactic acid build up, so I took a few rest days, loaded up on water, and attempted this run today. I was nervous I hit a wall and couldn't complete it, but I stretched really good and started out slow. The next thing I knew, I had finished up my 25 min run! So glad I pushed through it. It was actually a good run, not too fast, but steady and getting easier. I wonder if I had pushed it too hard the last couple of runs by attempting to go faster.... hmmmm..... I so want to hit the 10 min mile mark instead of the 12.5 min mile pace I got going on right now. I suppose I should concentrate on just finishing the program before I try to speed up my pace. So bring on Week 8! The runs are for 28 mins each. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: