Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 8, Run 1

Today was the beginning of my 28 min runs. I knew I could do 25, so bring on the 28's! It was snowing all day today and I kept thinking, maybe I should just go jogging tomorrow. When I got home after work, it seemed like the snow was falling even harder. I decided to just sucked it up. I put on my sneakers, grabbed a scarf, and headed out to the track. The snow was pouring out of the sky. Not like the cute little snowflakes floating down to the ground, but these huge snow fluffs, pelting down like rain fall. It was crazy! Luckily, it wasn't sticking, so the track was clear, just alot of puddles. Water I can deal with, ice... I can't have. I thought it was safe to go ahead with my run. So with snow fluff the size of gum balls, I started week 8. The music podcast for this week was all P-Diddy/Bad Boy records songs, right away, I knew it was going to be a great week for music :) Boo had a meeting to go to that night, so he didn't run with me. He did show up to check up on me before he left and in jeans, and he ran the very last minute of my 28 min run with me. It was a great way to finish up my run :) We walked the cool down lap around the track with the snow covering our clothes, then headed to the cars. After hugs and kisses, he left for his meeting and I hopped in my car to bounce home, change and head out for Book Club. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: