Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 9, Run 1

On Friday, Boo and I headed to the track for our run. I am FINALLY on week 9! The last week of the program. Can you believe it? I can. All that hard work is paying off. I am really running for 30 minutes. :) Today's run was good. I was confidant that I could push for 2 more minutes so I (literally) hit the track running! I pushed through that first mile alot faster than I had anticipated (12 min, which for me is fast.) So I forced myself to slow it down in order to sustain the run. The funny thing is, it's not my breathing that's the problem now, it's my legs! My lungs have finally caught AND surpassed my little chicken legs. So I know I can push harder/faster once my legs don't fatigue as quickly. Everything I've been reading on ACTIVE under the running section has suggested I work on endurance first, before I work on getting faster. So, I'm plodding along and running for time over distance. I figure I will get the distance with more training. After all, though it seems like a long time, I've only been running for 9 weeks. I've got a couple of ideas for what I want to do after I finish the program, so stay tuned to see what kind of craziness I get myself into next. ;) hahaha! Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!

No comments: