Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Gear :)

Since I've been quarantined due to a cold, I have a lot of time on my hands. So, I did what any backpacker with too much time on their hands does. I checked out new gear! Packs to be exact. After browsing and reading up on lots of packs, (Thanks to Jolly for all his help with my many questions over the last year. Even though he doesn't think he is, I think he's the King of lightweight and ultralight weight gear, Check out his blog! Jolly Green Giant.) I found a lightweight, internal frame pack. It's the GoLite Quest pack for women in the Coriander/Thyme color (or green as I like to call it. haha!) It's a small torso, top loader, weighing in at 2lbs an 12 oz, which is a third of what my previous pack weighed. I love the stretchy side pockets and the hip belt pockets. It's got a detachable top to go even lighter. It'll hold 62 liters or roughly 4000 cubic inches of stuff and it's made out of ripstop nylon. I went ahead and ordered it! Whoo hoo! Can't wait to test it out in April :)

No comments: