Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 8, Run 3

With hiking this weekend my calves were killing me! Not sure why, b/c the hike wasn't that hard. I decided to take 3 rest days to recover b/f going running again. Well, my calves were still sore to the touch when Boo and I decided to hit the track. I kept thinking I over did it and needed to rest a week, but Boo told me I needed to work the lactic acid out. So we went running in the sprinkling rain and I ran the entire 28 mins. I ran strong. My calves were sore the first 3 mins., but after that, it's like they loosened up. I got into a groove and just ran with lots of energy. After it was over, my calves were back to normal. So strange! I think Boo was right, it was the lactic acid build up that just needed to be flushed out. I had probably one of the best runs I've had so far. My next runs are for 30 mins. and I am looking forward to them. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: