Sunday, February 28, 2010

Off day

So it was bound to happen. Today I had a really off day with disc golfing. We decided to try out a new course, Hornets Nest. The course itself is a tough challenge with long drives and lots of narrow fairways. Oh... and some water shots. And the water shot is what got me. We had just started to tee off at the 5th hole, when I see that the basket is up on a hill. Well, I figure if I over shoot, I'd just be tossing down the hill. So I took my favorite disc, my shiny orange shark, and really threw it. It sailed beautifully over the basket and the other side of the hill. Boo gets up the the hill first and says something like, "I hope you like to swim." WHAT!? I bound up the hill and see a huge still pond and no disc. DAMN!! I lost my favorite disc. The disc that got it all started for me. That orange disc was the first and only disc I used for a long time. I took it hard. I know it's only a disc, and Boo says it happens to everyone, but it was a sentimental disc. I surely would of used a crappy disc if I had known there was a possibility of loosing it in water. Well, that threw me off my game. My next tee sucked. I just gave up and pulled the brat card. Told Boo I couldn't do it, but I would finish out the 18 baskets with him as his caddy, and that's what I did. He played really well, had some trick basket shots and some nice long distance drives. He has really stepped up his disc golf game. I'm so proud of him. Even though it was a nice day out, I lost a great disc today. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: