Saturday, March 27, 2010

aaahhh Spring.

Spring has finally Sprung! What a gorgeous day! I had all intentions of riding my bike this morning, cause Boo finally got the bike car thing attached to my car, but instead, we had a nice Saturday morning breakfast and then went to meet a couple of people to play disc golf :)

We went back to my-disc-stealing course, Hornets Nest and met up with Jim and Jeff. We started out around 10:30am behind a slower crew, but we just enjoyed the day, conversation, and game. When we got to my much hated #6 hole that stole my disc when it landed in the pond, I made sure to play it safe and short. We all pretty much played at the same pace, but Boo and Jim played the best. There was one hole, I think it was #9, that kicked all of our asses. I mean Jim, Jeff, and I threw at least 6 shots, with about 4 of them just trying to make it into the basket! It was only a 230 foot basket, but the basket was elevated and at least 15 feet above the ground, so it was a weird/difficult shot. Well, Boo made it look easy when he birdied it. We couldn't get over what a sweet shot that was. I think everyone had at least one good shot. Mine came on hole 14. A very narrow tree filled shot. Seems as if the boys wanted to make sure they hit every tree in site. I soared my disc straight through the narrow tree lined fairway without hitting one single tree. I think it was luck, but it did make for a sweet throw. We finished up all 18 holes and I told the guys I would totally play with all of them again. Nothing like playing with a good group to make the course and day alot of fun. Feels good to be back out and not sick too. Love Spring time. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: