Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week 6, Run 1

Happy Valentines Day!
This week started off on a good note. I knew I cold run 20 mins, so I thought this session would be a bit easier. It still challenged me, but the difference was that I was now more confident in my ability. After waking up from our comatose Valentine Day breakfast pancakes (the carbs really got us.) We headed out to the school track. I warmed up for 5 mins. ran for 5 mins. walked for 3 mins. ran for 8 mins. walked for 5 mins. then ran for 5 mins. with a 5 mins. cool down. The first 5 mins were tough to get into, but the last 5 mins seemed to get easier the more I ran. Which was strange, but I'll take it :) The music for this podcast was all 80's. It's only for a week, so I can deal.

On a side note, Boo and I volunteered this Saturday for the American Heart Association at their annual "Heart Ball." We h
ad to dress up (Yay!, loved seeing Boo in a tux) and help out with the live and silent auctions by mingling with the guests, engaging them to bid on items and thanking them for bidding. All the while sipping on butlered champagne and passed hor'dourves. (Yeah, it was some hard work. hahaha!) In all seriousness, it was a lovely evening and we did it for a wonderful cause. After all, heart disease is the #1 leading cause of death for women. So go out there and get moving! If you feel you want to do more, volunteer for a Heart walk, hell, WALK in a heart walk, start a walking club, take a CPR class, or just do something to keep your heart healthy. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: