Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wippies

With the 2010 AT thru-hiker season just around the corner (starting in March!) I hopped on Whiteblaze to catch up on some Appalachian Trail chats. I love thru hiker season and am sooooo excited to start the 2010's class of trailjournals! I've even been invited by SHOE to come down to Neels Gap to help out with some Trail Magic! Whoo Hoo! AND to go backpacking with her and Kellye for a week in April on the AT! Man 2010 thru hiker season is looking up!

So anyways, getting back to whiteblaze. I read the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. I mean it was so funny, it made me laugh out loud. The topic was "things that annoy you on the trail." One guys answers, "WIPPIES, Fresh out of college, wanna-be-hippies. You know the kind, the 'Corporation are evil' guys who never know why they believe that and, well, frankly, couldn't define 'corporation'. They are usually sporting something from Patagonia on their bodies with no sense of irony. Given enough time on trail the same one, he'll end up bumming money off you....'bro'."

Oh my God! ha! I had to laugh. So true! I've met guys AND gals like this. Calling everyone "Bro", wearing some other corporate made clothing while spouting out the injustice of conformity. aaahhh... to be fresh out of college and idealistic instead of realistic. Those where the days. haha! Anyways... thought I'd share my laugh of the day. I'm so going to keep the word wippies in my vocab. Til next time.... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: