Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 5, Run 1 (Superbowl!)

Superbowl Sunday! So much to do today and so little time! Today Boo and I hit the track for the first of week 5's run. Basically we had to run 5 minutes walk for 2 minutes for three sessions. My podcast didn't download right. It cut off after the first run, so I had to wing it. I knew it took me 5 minutes to run 1/2 a mile, (at least that's what I did last week) so I just ran around the track twice, then walked around once. I did this 3 times, while I clicked on some good music to keep me pumped. Tonight I'll fix my podcast for my next run. So after a good workout (my face and legs felt hot and I got in a good sweat) we decided, in honor of the Superbowl, to eat up all the calories we just burned. Seriously, Hahaha!

We drove down to our local Cajun cuisine restaurant for lunch. (Can you tell who we were rooting for?) Boo had his standard shrimp po'boy, I had a turkey muffaletta, and we both had an Abita Turbo Dog to wash it all down. It was sooooo good! As we leave, Boo decides to get an order of beignets to go, so we could eat them with a cup of hot chocolate.(Just like we did at Cafe Du Monde. ahhh memories...) OMG, they were sooo good. Boo loved it so much he suggested we do it every Sunday after church! haha! Beignets so good it gets the boy to church!

After the yummy beignets, we have just enough time to clean up and for me to make an appetizer for the Superbowl party we are going to. We are out to the door by 6pm and show up just in time for kick off! Oh, and just in case your not sure of who won. Here's a little picture for you. Til next time.... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: