Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 5, Run 2

Today was a looooong day. I had to go to work, then jet downtown for a volunteer meeting, where they fed us pizza. I did good though, well, good as far as pizza goes. I had two slices of cheese and a bottled water. So after wrapping up our meeting, by the time we got home, it was 8pm. And guess what I did? I decided to go running! Seriously. Me, the former couch potato, changed clothes and headed to the track. (By myself cause Boo had a Disc Golf club meeting. ) And I ran :)

Today's run was toughest so far. I had to warm up for 5 mins. then jog for 8 mins, walk for 5 min, jog another 8 min, then cool down for 5 min. The first 8 mins were good. I felt strong and my breathing was good. The second 8 min was tougher. My legs felt like solid lead about mid way through. I just sucked it up, listened to the song on the podcast, kept telling myself I could finish this, and ran thru it. And when I was prompted to stop running and cool down, I had the biggest smile on my face. I did it! Whoo hoo!!! (
While I was leaving the track, Boo had pulled up to check on me and make sure I was OK. Too sweet.) I had a really good session today and I don't know if it was b/c I ran late in the evening, or if it was the pizza that gave me the strength to finish (hahah!), but whatever it was, it was a great run. If you would of told me a month ago that I would be out at 8pm at night jogging around a track, I would of laughed at you and wondered what planet were you on. I was a weekend hiker/backpacker, not a jogger. Well guess what? I'm now a hiker AND a jogger :) Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: