Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week 7, Run 2

In honor of February being heart month, tonight Boo and I went to a heart healthy eating seminar (I'll write more about it on a different blog entry) and didn't get home til 8pm. Well, guess what. I was all ready to call it a night when Boo says, lets go to the track. What has gotten into this boy? haha! So we changed clothes and hit the track. I had an awesome 25 min run! I ran faster and stronger for the first mile, then slowed it down for the last leg of the second mile. I decided to concentrate on my breathing for this run. So I took slow deep breathes thru my nose, (which is hard for me to do b/c I'm a mouth breather), and quickly pushed it out thru my mouth. I really think this helped. It took a bit of getting used to, but I had plenty of air to keep me going. Afterwards, I was sweaty and my calves were on fire. I could definitely feel that I had a good workout. The music podcast for this week is all 90's hip hop, so I'm liking the tunes. I can't believe I'm really doing this. Even though I haven't run a 5k yet, I feel so accomplished already. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: