Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 4, Run 1

I had all intentions of running this morning, but the weather had other ideas. It snowed last night, which is rare for this area, I think the last time it really snowed was over 5 years ago. It sleeted a bit last year, but no snow. So, even though it snowed, at noon today, I dressed up in my running clothes and asked Boo if he wanted to go to the track. I said we could bring the dogs and let them run around while we got our workout on. We pulled up to the track and I could not even see it. All of it was hiding under a blanket of snow. (DAMN!) Since we were already out, I just sucked it up and decided to run around the snowy field. Well, besides the slick ice trying to take me out, my shoes got soaking wet and it was so freaking cold I couldn't even get past the first 5 min. warm up. Upset and chilled to the bone, I told Boo that this was ridiculous. We headed back to the car, but saw that the dogs were having so much fun, so I decided to stick it out and let Boo toss the Frisbee to Thing 1 for a while. Thing 1 was in dog heaven. Just running all over the fresh snow acting like the silly dog he is. Thing 2 hung out by my side most of the time. She was too cute. I actually caught her making snow angels and had to snap a picture of it. After a bit, I got chilly, so me and Thing 2 hopped in the car, and watched Boo and Thing 1 play from inside my warm heated car. After 15 minutes, Boo finally comes back with a reluctant Frisbee partner. (Thing 1 did not want to stop the fun.)


I guess Boo saw that I was bummed over not getting in my run so he suggested we go to the gym. So after we drop the dogs off at home, we headed over to our local gym. When we got there, we learned that they were closing down our branch (DAMN! I finally go and they decide to close the place down.) The guy told us we had two other locations we could visit, which were a bit further away. I have been avoiding jogging on the treadmill, b/c I read somewhere that it's not the same as running outside and because I'd be stuck indoors. So, once again, I sucked it up and hopped on the treadmill. I completed my 5 min warm up, 3 min jog, 90 sec walk 5 min jog, 2 min walk and repeated it again. That last 5 min jog was a killer. It really was a workout, but I was able to finish and for that I'm grateful. The music this session is crap, but it's only for a week.

Well, I tried to get outside today for a workout, but ended up taking a snow day and playing with the dogs. I did, however, get in my run, but on a treadmill. It's OK though. At least I got to be outside, even if it was cold as hell. Til next time.... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: