Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 1, 3rd Run

Boo and I got up an extra 1/2 hour early, (well at least I did, I think he got up just in time to go jogging) just so I could stretch. I've been reading alot about shin splints and hip pain this week and most of the medical advice I found was simply.... Stretch. So I did. I've never been a stretcher, I used to always think it was a waste of time, but whatever. I spent a good 20 minutes stretching this morning. I also added some cushioning inserts. Some of the stuff I read for shin splints said to make sure I had extra cushioned running shoes if I have high arches and tend to underpronate, which I do. Well, what ever I did really helped today. I had a great run this morning with minimal shin and hip pain. I also went a bit faster on my first 2 sets to warm up my body by the 8th set I was fine. Oh... and I did stretch afterwards. (So much stretching... sheeesh!) This Sunday I start my second week, where I will up my jogging to 90 seconds and walk in between each set for 2 minutes. We shall see how it goes. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: