Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 3, Run 3

This morning we got up at 5:05am to head over to the track. I had all intentions of doing my couch 2 5k session twice, since it was so easy last time. Well, I found out two things. First, it was still easy. I didn't have a hard time breathing and I pushed myself a bit. Secondly, I might of over did it last time, b/c my shin splints popped up again. I had just finished my first work out and had flipped the podcast back to start to do it over again when I felt my shins burn and my calves stiffen up. I had gotten through the first 90 second run and 90 second walk, but as soon as I started the second 3 minute run it hurt. I stopped and joined Boo for a walk around the track before we called it quits. At least I did the routine once, just not able to do it a second time, which sucks, cause I wanted a good workout. I wonder if my shin splints came back b/c I wore heels all week at work? hmmmmm...... On a different note, the music on this podcast was GOOD. Wow, it started with Eve's "Tambourine", then flowed into TI's "Bring em out", next was Ice Cube's "You can do it" and on and on it kept going! I didn't even feel like it was a work out cause the music was so good. Oh yeah, I like Hip Hop for working out :) Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: