Saturday, January 2, 2010

Skills-bourne.

While partying late into the night on New Years eve, (WHOO HOO 2010! YAY for a new decade!) we made some plans with some friends to go disc golfing with the next day, but not too early ;) We got up late on January 1, 2010 and headed over to Kilbourne Park to meet up with Peter and Charlie. On the way there we saw Charlie walking and picked him up. We all warmed up with a couple of tosses into the practice basket, then zipped up our jackets, put on our gloves and headed into the 40 degree weather for some disc golf. We noticed one other person brave enough to venture out onto the course. Boo said, "Looks like we know who all the hard core disc golfers are." The guy smiles and says, "Yeah." Boo says, "Even if we are all hung over." Everyone laughed and agreed. HA! It was a late night, but it was fun. So after we talk about the party last night, (Charlie and Peter left around 2:30am and there were still people dancing! Boo and I left around 12:30am) we decided to start our 18 holes. For it being so cold and all of us a bit hung over, we all pretty much played at the same pace. We had some sucky tosses mixed in with some good throws. I had an awesome throw at hole 6. I made an amazing basket from 100 feet. All the guys told me it was the best throw of the day. I even played with my new pink disc that Boo got me. It made me feel good :) but it was a pure luck. No way could I do THAT again. Hahaha! We finished up strong. Looks like 2010 is starting off to be a pretty good year. :) Til next time, GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: