Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2, Run 1

Today my friend that convinced me to start the couch to 5k program and I met a group of runners who were on the same running schedule as we were. This was great b/c every Sunday we will run with this group for our first run. It helps keep up motivation b/c I look forward to seeing everyone and it gets me started on a new week. OK.... so the run. It was alot tougher than I expected. Only b/c instead of running for 90 seconds and walking 2 minutes like I thought we were going to do, we actually ran for 90 and walked 90. Barely enough time to catch my breath. I ran harder than normal cause I wanted to keep up with the group. Which is good b/c it pushes me, but it's tough on my lungs cause they aren't use to it. Another factor I didn't consider was rain. Yup, we ran in rain. This group is hard core. They could of canceled but I guess if you have a run scheduled you just do it. Rain or shine. So here I am, running in my rain jacket, fleece vest underneath, in some windy, cold, rain. The good thing was that my hip didn't hurt, but I got some ugly shin splints. Arrrggg! How do I get rid of them! It slowed me down on the walking, which forced me to make it up on the running to keep up with the group. So yeah, it was a tough day, but hey I was outdoors and I felt soooooo good after it was done :) Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: