Tuesday, January 12, 2010

6am Jog

WEEK 1, 2nd Run.

I just finished up my second day of the first week of Couch to 5k. I was early and still dark out when we left. Oh.. I dragged Boo with me cause I didn't want to go to the track alone, in the dark. Boo is fond of saying that no criminal would be up this early, but you never know. I decided to run a bit faster this time, to help elevate my heart rate and work on my lung capacity. I got about half way thru my 8 sets and my left shin started acting up again. Man I really hate shin splints. I've read that it could be anything from an overuse injury to bad shoes to not stretching. Well I stretched this morning, and warmed up the first 5 minutes. It's either bad posture or bad shoes. I'm banking on bad shoes. I called up the local running store to set up an appt. to get properly fitted for running shoes for my type of gait. I hope this helps. I stuck thru it and by the last set, my shin was feeling better. Not sure if it finally warmed up or not. Maybe I need a longer warm up time. I'll play around with it to see what works. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: