Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Ok, Ok.... I know this isn't an outdoorsy post, but I just wanted to talk about my TG dinner. Thanksgiving was a low key affair at casa-de-Sweetpea. I decided to take on the challenge of cooking my very first Thanksgiving dinner! Turkey was a bit intimidating, so I went with something a bit smaller. Cornish Hens. I found a great recipe while surfing the Food Network, on Barefoot Contessa's show. So I downloaded the recipe from the website. The sides were easy-peasy. Nothing to fancy. I made regular stove top stuffing, just added some carmalized onions, celery, and dried cranberries to make it my own. I went with potato's augratin, simple. Take and bake oven rolls, and steamed brocolli. Oh, and wine :) I even cheated on dessert by getting an already made pumpkin pie. All in all, it took about 1 hour to make everything. Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving! Til next time, GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: