Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dad disc golfs!!

Today we had made plans to hang out with my dad to watch the game and keep him company. (My mom was out of the country.) So on the way up, Boo and I decide to play 18 holes of disc golf. On a whim, I called my dad to see if he wanted to join us. (Thinking he'd politely say no.) Well imagine my surprise when he actually said "yes!" YAY! We picked him up around 9:45am and were on the first tee by 10am. It was cloudy, drizzly, muddy, and about 50 degrees out. Boo had on his cleats and my dad and I had on our hiking shoes, but I was still worried it wasn't enough to avoid slipping and sliding all over the mud.

We basically had the entire course to ourselves, which was great, but I still played like total CRAP. I think it was b/c I gave my dad my fav. orange "shark" disc and my driver, while I played with some of Boo's disc's, which were made for a more sophisticated player. Let's just say I was in the woods alot b/c I don't know how to handle the "S" curve disc very well. I may have gotten my disc in a ravine or two, but my dad got the "throw award of the day." He had to hike down into a steep, narrow muddy ditch to retrieve one of his disc's. HA! It was actually alot of fun and no one fell in the mud, though there were a couple of close calls. My dad played surprisingly well for his first time. I think he'd make an awesome disc golfer if he keeps it up. Til next time, GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: