Monday, September 7, 2009

Disc Golf Sunday

We woke up at a lazy 8am Sunday. It's been a while since I've seen Boo on the weekends, b/c I've been off training/backpacking. So we decided to spend some quality time together. We ate breakfast, then got dressed, and loaded little dog in the car with us. She was feeling under the weather the past week and just started getting a little spring in her step, so we thought we would take her to the local disc golf course with us for some exercise. She was such a little puppy, jumping around all excited and it made my heart feel good seeing her act like her normal silly self again.

It was actually pretty nice out. Not too hot yet. We decided to walk the par-3 golf course and we powered through the 18 holes in about an hour. I know I got a good workout, b/c I was drenched in sweat. Little dog seemed like she got in good workout too b/c by the 18th hole, she was ready to quit! hahaha! Boo's ankle seems to be on the mend too. He was able to get thru with minimal pain. He hurt his ankle a few weeks back and has been MIA on the most recent adventures.

Afterwords, we race home to shower, change, and head up to my parents for a BBQ. I made a nice salad, Boo made a fresh strawberry shortcake dessert, and mom made everything else. The burgers of course were my fav's. YUM! We spent a wonderful afternoon hanging out with my parents and their neighbors. Boo even brought his hammock to lounge in. It was a nice way to spend labor day weekend.

No comments: