Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cooked Feet!

Yup, I said it. Cooked FEET! Sounds gross, but that's what I'm about to do. I'm about to COOK (well, really bake) my newly purchased SOLE inserts in the oven at 200 degrees for 2 minutes. Then I'm going to slide them into my hiking boots and immediately stick my feet in my boots. My feets are going to get cooked! hahha! I went to the local REI store in search of some inserts for my boots. Seems as if I beat the crap out of the Superfeet inserts I bought in early May. So I need to find something a bit more sturdy. The guy in the shoe department recommended these, the website gives it great reviews and says: "The Heat-moldable three-layer design ensures a personalized fit and ample support to help control motion and absorb shock." And this is what I need. Because REI is awesome, I was able to return my old Superfeet for a full refund and apply the $30 to the new SOLE inserts, which were $45. So I paid $15 for some new inserts :) Got to love the return policy at REI! Will test them out this weekend on a hike. Til next time. GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: