Sunday, February 8, 2009

Frisbee Golf

This weekend, Boo and I hit our local frisbee disc course for some outdoor fun.
(For those of you unfamiliar with frisbee golf, also called disc golf, here is a blurb taken from www.discgolf.com. ) "DiscGolf is a game played like conventional ball & club golf, however, the tools of the game are different, in that instead of hitting a little ball around the course into a little hole, you throw 'discs' at, or, into targets (baskets). The basic object is to to traverse the course in as few throws as possible to attain a low score."

We met a group up at the course and because if was some of us' first time ,(Boo has played before and is an old pro at this), we took it easy and had a nice time.

We get to the course a bit early so Boo can give me a breakdown on throwing, putting, and hand holding the disc. He pulls out a sack of brightly colored disc and only gives me two of them. :( I get a BRIGHT colored red and yellow disc. He said the yellow was a putter and the red I could use for everything else. (I suppose even if he tried to explain what the different disc's were for, all I would of heard was the voice of Charlie Brown teacher because I was mesmerized by the rainbow colors of the discs he had. ha!. ) So, I grab my two really bright colored discs and start tossing them into the basket for practice. It's alot harder than it sounds.

The rest of our group shows up and we finally start on our 18 hole adventure. We traversed through hills, bridges, woods, lakes, and ditches. I'm not going to brag and say that I was the best (cause I wasn't), but I wasn't the worst either and I didn't lose my discs. I was pretty happy with the way I played and I learned alot. It took us a little over two hours to complete the course (yes, we were slow, but we had fun. Even trampling in the woods looking for our wayward discs was fun. haha!) Check out the last picture on the right. I had to throw on either side of those trees b/c the basket on this hole was behind the median of trees. Next week our crew is going to tackle a tougher course. I'll let you know how that goes. Till next time, GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: