Sunday, February 22, 2009

Challenging Disc Golf


Today we played Disc Golf on a new course. A competitive course. And dare I say a hard ass course! Wow!! Just take a look at some of the placements of these baskets. CRAZY. There were some lethal ravines you could happen to fall in if you didn't throw your disc just right. But don't worry, there were also some cables you could use to repell down to retrieve it if you did shoot it into the ravine. NO JOKE. It was hilly, muddy, slippery, hard, challenging, breathetaking, and fun. Needless to say, I played short the entire time. I didn't want to slip down into those ravines. Boo played well as usual, and he went all out. Just throwing those disc with full force. He made most of his pars. I on the other hand.... well lets just say on average if it was a par 4, it would take me about 7 times to get the disc into the basket. hahaha! We played with some really good people too. One guy played ultimate frisbee for over 10 yrs and only used a regular frisbee. We all were making so much fun of him with that BIG (I think some one called it a retarded frisbee, no offense to anyone. Just repeating what someone else said. ) frisbee. But he played the best of us all. Serves us right for picking on him. :) This course was fun and I can't wait to get back out there. I think we are planning on hitting it this weekend. Hopefully it won't rain! Til next time. GET OUTDOORS!

No comments: