Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tennis and Dog Guilt


This past Sunday, Boo and I played tennis. It was a gorgeous day, the weather was stellar and the tennis was really good. We both worked up a sweat, got some good exercise in. My backhand is improving and I practiced my serve. I got the mechanics of the serve down, I just need to get them to flow in one swift motion.

On a different note. I've been feeling a bit guilty about leaving the dogs at home lately. Usually they are my trusty companions on the weekends. It just seems as if I've been doing some outdoor sports that may not be suitable for MY dogs. I've seen plenty of dogs out with their owners on the Frisbee golf courses, but I know "thing 1" will make it his mission to retrieve every single frisbee anyone tosses. A long time ago we bought him a floppy, waterproof dog frisbee and taught him how to catch it in mid air. It's a pretty cool trick to see, anyways, its our fault for teaching him to be a frisbee retriever. No frisbee is safe in his presense. hahhaa! I think "thing 2" would do ok, but I feel guilty taking one dog without the other. Same issue with the tennis balls, they play with tennis balls as retriever toys. In fact, a funny little story, although Boo would probably disagree. We bought a mesh bag of 2 dozen tennis balls for our games this Spring. Well Boo accidently leaves the mesh sack on the stairs one morning. I come home from work that evening and I hear the dogs having a hay day in the front room. I go to see what kind of fun they're having and when I turn the corner, I see it. Yellow tennis balls splade all over the room, two dogs wrestling over one ball, and the sad reminents of what used to be the black mesh bag. I burst out laughing because honestly, I thought it was funny. The dogs found the tennis balls, thought it was theirs, and had a field day with them. Boo didn't find it as funny Ooops.... dog slobber and tennis just don't go together I guess. Ohhh the stresses of dogownership. :) Since the weather has been so nice lately, I'll think of something to get my trusty companions out with me soon. Promise. Til then, GET OUTDOORS!!

No comments: