Monday, January 12, 2009

Tennis Toes...


Ouchy! My arches hurt! I played 2 hours of doubles tennis today with Boo, and some friends and I hadn't realized how bad my tennis shoes were. I felt a burn in my arches about 1/2 hour into our game, but I pushed it to the back of my mind. I should of known, from all the hiking experiences, that ANY pain in your feet, you should stop, check out whats happening, and fix the problem. Well.... I should of listened to that little nagging voice in my head. I got a blister on the arch of my foot of all places!
Other than that, the game was great. I was nice to get back in to the swing of things (no pun intended.) Looks like I'll be gearing up this Spring for some good weeknight tennis matches. Boo did well as usual, I have to work on my backhand and serve. I never had a great backhand, but losing my serve has caused me to get mad at myself for letting my tennis game go. Thankfully I still have a nice powerful forehand. It was the only thing saving my game. Well, that was my outdoor adventure today. Til next time, GET OUTDOORS!

No comments: