Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Fall Y'all


Its really Fall Y'all. (By the way, I don't say "y'all" it just happened to rhyme with Fall. hahaha!!) Its November 2nd and a perfect crisp fall day for a hike. We headed over to a local trail to enjoy the weather, the colorful leaves, and the daylight savings time difference. :)

I really enjoy hiking in this weather. It so invigorating. I still work up a sweat, but it's cool enough to not overheat and crisp enough to feel comfortable in a lightweight fleece.

Boo and the dogs did amazing as usual. Boo had a great idea for tiring out Thing 1 (who is a 4 year old chocolate lab and STILL full of energy). He is really good off the leash, listens to voice commands really well, and we were in a pretty secluded part of the trail, so I was comfortable taking him off the leash. Thing 2 (who is always leashed b/c she has some problems listening) and I hiked up about 100 yards ahead. Boo and I basically had Thing 1 run back and forth between us on the trail. I could hear his collar jingling as he was galloping full force to where I was and as soon as he would reach me I would say, "Go get daddy!" and he would turn around and full force gallop to Boo and I'm sure Boo had some similar instruction for him to race back to me. I think he got a good work out today.

The forest was so full of color today it was just so amazing. Lots of yellows, red, greens, and oranges. I just couldn't believe how pretty it all looked. I kept stopping to take photos and just look around in awe. Fall is truly my favorite time of year. Nothing beats being in the woods listening to the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet and to my dogs panting. :)


No comments: