Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dog Heaven


After my unexpectedly tough hike yesterday (a bit sore in the calves today), I wanted to take it easy but still do something outdoors. We decided to take the dogs to their favorite pond. As soon as I pulled out the leashes and retriever toys they went nuts! Pacing back and forth to the back door and whining for us to hurry up and eat our breakfast. They were ready to GO! We piled into the car, took a short ride to the pond and as soon as we opened the doors, they were gone. The dogs bounded out and dove right into the cool water. It was only 8:30 am, but it was already a hot 80 degrees so I'm sure the water felt refreshing. We tossed the retriever "chuck it" frisbee around for about an hour and "thing 1" looked like he was in heaven. He didn't want to stop, even though he was chirping like a bull frog from being exhausted and out of breath.
It was a nice relaxing morning spent with my loved one and my hounds. As I type, I can see the hounds in the backyard napping in the sun. What comes to mind is that phrase, " a tired dog is a good dog." They look so peaceful and quiet right now. We'll see how long that lasts. :)

No comments: