Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slo-mming

Slo-mming, as in SLOW SWIMMING. That's what is on my mind today. My first experience back in the pool (competitive swimming, not recreational swimming) was a humbling experience. Let's just say if I kept score, it would look like this. Pool-1, Sweetpea-0.

Swimming kicked my ass. It's been a loooong time since I swam races. I was a swimmer in high school and had a pretty respectable freestyle, so going into this, I thought it would be alot easier than it was. After all, I've been running for 6 months, so I should be good cardio wise right? WRONG, so wrong. I could barely do 50 meters without choking on some water trying to breathe. I did eight 50 meter sets with rests between each set and I was beat when I finished the 400 meters. At least now I know where I stand. Looks like I got a good challenge to keep me going :) Til next time.... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: