Friday, February 18, 2011

Checking in

So it's been 1 month since Boo and I started working out 6 days a week. There's been alot of sweat, a lot of red faces, and lots of cussing. haha! The cussing is only at 4:30am every morning, cause that's what time the alarm goes off to get us up, dressed, teeth brushed, and at the gym by 5am. I secretly love getting there before the doors open at 5am. I'm sick like that. hahaha! On the occasion that we do get there b/f the doors officially open, Boo rants that he could of used the extra minutes (literally a couple of minutes) to sleep in. I just laugh and remind him to have a great workout today.
Here's what we've been doing:
Monday: Running and weight training
Tuesday: 45 minutes of cardio (elliptical usually)
Wednesday: Running and weight training
Thursday: 45 minutes of cardio
Friday: Running and weight training and at night swimming
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Swimming
I've mentally and physically have gotten used to the schedule. The first week was rough! I was tired all the time. But now I feel good all day long. I think for the next month, I'll add some spin classes in the evening. Sounds crazy and I can't believe I'm saying that. Hell, I can't believe I'm enjoying it so much. I think I'm becoming a gym rat! haha! Seriously though, I think you need to be working out for over 6 months or something to officially be labeled a gym rat. Right? Anyways, it's actually a nice and comforting feeling seeing the same people at the gym every morning. We share a smile, a slight nod, a bond in knowing that we are hard core for getting up so early to beat ourselves into shape. There is even an elderly man who walks around handing out peppermints to all us 5 am'ers every MWF. He's so sweet, he makes me smile and look forward to those little treats, like it's a reward or something. Anyways... off to the pool! Enjoy your day and make it a good one!

2 comments:

KR Whitlock said...

Dang girl....I am impressed with the workouts!!!

SweetPea said...

Thanks! I'm impressed with your progress too!