Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mt. Bike Ride

Today we decided to go for a bike ride. Well ,really we needed to train for our upcoming 34 mile bike adventure! So we started with a 10 mile trail that was in town, hoping to get our leg muscles used to some pedaling action. It was a beautiful day and perfect for a ride in the woods. Not many people out there so, it made for a nice trail ride. I've been hiking so much that I thought my legs would be in shape for the bike ride, but I quickly realized (and felt) that bike riding uses some different leg muscles than I was used to working out. Namely, my quads and hamstrings. WOW were they burning on some of the uphill parts. But a good burn :) I feel like I need some more time on this trail to feel comfortable on our upcoming trip. So I'm going to try to make it out at least 2 more times this week. The first 5 miles started out pretty slow and easy, then on the way back, I don't know if I was feeling fatigued or if I was just riding faster and harder. It's probably a combo of both, but it seemed tougher coming back. Either way, it was a great ride to assess where my bike skills were.


No comments: