Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hammocks


Whoo hoo! Looks like I will be going to the 23rd annual "Hammock Hangers" camp-out this weekend if all goes well. I'm looking forward to seeing it, learning about it, and becoming a convert! I've been talking about trading in my sleep pad ground dwelling days for a the comforts of a hammock for a while now. Don't get me wrong. I love my tent and my sleeping bag, but backpacking or camping on the ground makes for a grouchy Sweetpea the next morning. I get rough nights of sleep and my hips and back hurt from sleeping on the ground. So, when I discovered ultralight hammocks for backpacking, I was totally intrigued. I've read alot about Hennessy Hammocks with their built in mosquito net and tarp. I know that JackRbetter hammocks have great quilts, and that Speer Hammocks makes kits you can sew yourself. But what I want to know, is how COMFORTABLE are each of these hammocks and can a side sleeper like myself get a good night sleep. We will see what I learn. Til then, GET OUTDOORS!

No comments: