Thursday, March 3, 2011

Update on my swims

Remember how, just weeks ago, I was struggling with swimming 50 meters drills? and how doing 400 meters total a session was exhausting? Well I've got some good news. The scoreboard now looks a little like this POOL-2 SWEETPEA-4. whoo hoo!

I'm amazed at how quickly I'm progressing with my swimming. I'm up to doing 100 meter drills and over 1000 meters total for each pool session in just a few weeks. I can hardly believe it myself! I'm not going to say it's been easy, cause it has not. I push myself at each workout session. I still run out of breath and struggle to get air on the last 25 meter of my 100 sets, I still struggle with keeping my form throughout each 100 set, and I'm still not fully recovering my breathing during each 30 second break in between sets. My goal is to swim 500 meters sets consistently and I'm building with each workout. So far swimming has been fun and challenging. I can tell I'm getting a good cardio, all over body workout b/c when I do break in between sets, my face is burning up and red hot and I'm out of breath, and when I finally go into the locker room to change, I look like a lobster, my arms and legs are beet red. Once I'm in my dry clothes, it takes me a good 10 minutes to stop sweating! So here's to some sweet swimming in the next couple of months. 500 here I come!

No comments: