Friday, August 13, 2010

My new Hell.....

So I've attempted to creep back into the gym. My original thoughts were to take it slowly with a class or two a week, maybe hit the elliptical, some weights.... you get the idea. Well.... it seems I shot out the cannon with both feet running. You see, I bought my Y membership last week and invited my friend Becky (whose been wanting to get back into the gym) to start out slowly with me. After our hike on Saturday, she was a bit sore, so we THOUGHT we would take it easy this week. On Sunday, we went to the Y and took a Yoga Basics class that was really good. I've never taken an actual yoga class, just did th DVD thing, so it was neat. The instructor had the lights out, the soft music playing and for an hour I twisted and manipulated myself into a pretzel. It was tough to start, b/c I'm not the most flexible person, but I loved how I felt after the class, so loose and limber. We will definitely be back for another stretch session soon.

On Monday, we started the Couch to 5k series again, she been wanting to run, so I told her I'd jog with her. Week 1 was pretty easy for me this time around :) Then on Monday afternoon I get an email from her saying there was a Spin class she wanted to take that night. Since I've never taken a Spin cycle class before, I was mildly interested and told her I was game. She picked me up around 6:30pm and we headed to the gym for our 6:45pm Spin class and boy was it HELL!!! hahaha! Oh my... I got in a real good workout with that class. We had the cycle Nazi instructor from hell and not even 5 minutes into the class I was out of breath and sweating up a storm. She had us up off the bikes for about 75% of the class, and it was a good thing too, those seats were hard! They hurt so much and made my bum numb, that I actually looked forward to when she made us stand and cycle. (*Note, bring a gel seat cushion to Spin cycle class if you ever go.) Anyways, we loved it so much, we did the same routine jog/spin on Wed, and Friday. haha! We're going to add some sculpt classes on Tues and Thurs, and do some day hiking on Saturday. Sounds like alot (and it is) but my body can handle it so far and I'm having lots of fun. That cycle class is definitely a challenge that I want to beat. So... Til next time...GET OUTDOORS!!! (or indoors, just get moving!!!) :)

No comments: