Monday, April 19, 2010

Skills-bourne

This Saturday, Boo and I met up with 3 others (Becky, Jim, and Yvon) for a beautiful day of disc golf. We headed down to Kilbourne park around 10am and it was already warming up to be a perfect day. I finally sported some shorts and realized just how pale my legs really were. Oops.... looks like I need to spray tan some. hahaha! Seriously, it was great putting on a pair of shorts instead of a jacket. We all played pretty well, not super great, but pretty good. It's a tough course, but always a fun challenge. Boo had a sweet birdie on one of the holes. He also had a new throw called the "flick" that he showed off. It made me think that I needed to add some new tosses into my disc golf game too. So something else to work on for me. We ended the game on a good note and then Boo and I went for a nice lunch before we went home to get ready for a BBQ party that night. (You know it's a good party when the cops are called! hehehe! The Jazz band at the BBQ got a bit too loud for some of the neighbors and the cops came and shut them down.) I love this time of year. The weather is perfect, the days are longer, and there is so much to do! Hike, mountain bike, disc golf, backpack, grill out, sail... outdoors 24/7, and getting out and enjoying what your city/town offers. Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: