Monday, April 13, 2009

Beautiful Lake Hike


Woke up early, made breakfast, and got dressed for a hike. As soon as the dogs saw their leashes, it was on! They were so excited, jiggling around the house, and whiny for us to hurry up. We loaded up in the car and headed out. It was a crisp, clear morning, so I knew the weather would be awesome for a hike around the lake. (One hour later.) The dogs were fine until we entered the state park. It's like they equate pine trees with fun, b/c as soon as they saw the pine trees in the state park, they started whiny, and acting out. They were ready to get out of the car. We drove to the trail head, parked, and let the dogs out. The bounded out, ready to start the trail. Boo was nursing an old ankle injury, so he took it slow and told me to hike my own hike. Which left me with both dogs. But I wanted to hike with Boo today. So it was a bit frustrating trying to get in a good hike with all the stopping and waiting for him to catch up. I finally just decided to hike my own hike. Which worked out well, I got in a good pace and waited for him at the end. We normally do this hike in January, as a New Years hike. It was a totally different trail in April. The trees were so full of life. It made it the hike so much more prettier. We stopped a few times to let the dogs go for a swim and they were in heaven. Boo and I agreed we both love this time of year. Til next time, GET OUTDOORS!

No comments: