Saturday, November 3, 2007

Mileage Training

On Sun. 10/28 I had set up a training meeting with a fellow hiker at a local mountain. We are trying to increase our mileage to get us up into the 15 mile range. Well after the Saturday I had, (hiking 9 miles) I didn't think my body could get me through another long hike. I warned my training partner that I was soar from my hike the previous day, but would do the best that I could in keeping up with her. We agreed to do the first 3 mile loop and see where we both were. It was tough, but we got through it and I felt like I could do the next 5 mile loop. Imagine my surprise when I got a second wind and started running a bit of the trail in the last 2 miles. After we were done, I swear I thought I could of done the 3 mile loop again. I think what I was experiencing was a hiking high. I just felt a burst of energy and I caught myself grinning from ear to ear, but I'm not sure if its was from finishing the strenuous hike or if it was from the hiking high. Anyways, I'm training again next Sun. so I will see if it happens again. The things our bodies can do really amaze me.

No comments: