Friday, October 8, 2010

Still slogging....

Becky and I just finished our 20 min. slog (slow jog) this morning and it feels better and easier than the first time I did the couch to 5k. I think my legs muscles are remembering! Looking forward to the next few weeks, we are jogging three 25 min sessions one week, then 28 the next, and finally 30 minutes to complete the program. Then I'm going hiking! hahaha! Seriously, the only reason I'm jogging is to help out my hiking :) Shameful, I know. Please don't tell any purist runner my secret. Becky wants us to do a 5k. Maybe the Turkey trot in Nov. or Jingle Bell run in early Dec. It's not my thing, but I'll do it with her if it keeps her motivated. I'm a good friend like that. hahaha!

This week I got an email from the group I had hiked the Shenandoah's in VA with last October. They were getting ready to go out for a week to continue plugging away miles on the AT in VA. I was kind of bummed I'm not joining them this October. (I didn't want to miss Boo's birthday again and we have so much stuff planned this October, I just couldn't fit it in.) I wished them all well and safe hiking. They are going out again for another week in April and I am seriously thinking of joining them for that 80 mile section. It'll give me something to look forward to AND a reason to keep me slogging away. hahaha! Til next time... GET OUTDOORS!!!

No comments: