Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flamenco and desserts!

For my birthday Boo had made reservations for one of the nicest Italian restaurants in our town. Well guess what? I flipped the script on him and told him I wasn't in the mood to dress up and remember what fork to eat with. So..... I suggested having some wine, then going to a trendy french bakery where they have poetry reading nights and art discussions.

Tonight they were having Flamenco music and dancing! So... after dressing down (instead of up) we had some good wine and headed over to Amelia's. It's decked out all in Parisian themed and very "arty". We grabbed a table right in front of the dance floor, and Boo went off to get us some hot chocolate and desserts. I told him to surprise me, so I had no clue what was coming my way. As I sat their holding on to Boo's seat, (the place started to fill up quick!), I started to bounce my head to the guitar heavy, beautiful flamenco music and chit chat with my neighbors. I don't know what it is about Flamenco music, but it just gets under my skin and makes me want to dance! (It could possibly be the wine going to my head as well haha!) I see some of the other patrons had let the music get to them too and they are actually dancing on the floor. Some of them are amazing Flamenco dancers and I was mesmerized by the fluid swirls, sharp turns, and graceful moves.

Boo finally arrives with a decadent piece of chocolate on chocolate ganache cake with a nice heaping hot chocolate for me and an eclair for him. I slowly seep into a chocolate coma while I let my eyes feast on the sexy dance known as Flamenco. For those of you that don't know, "Flamenco is a style of music and dance which is native to many regions of Spain" (wikipedia)

Finally the show begins. We watch several couples perform, a group of women perform, and were finally graced with the presence of a renowned Flamenco dancer by the name of Carmela Greco. She was great, just the emotion in her face and body as she danced and stamped her feet was amazing. She really got you into the dance. Not to mention, the music was awesome. This will probably go done as one of my favorite birthdays ever.

Thank you Boo, for being OK about me changing my birthday plans and for making it a eventful evening. I had one of the best nights out. Love you! :)

No comments: