Friday, June 5, 2009

Hammocks on the Brain

Those were Boo's words to me on Monday. He can not stop thinking about ways to tweak his new found toy. He's got some lofty ideas on gadeting his hammock out too. You go boy! I swear I got like 9 different emails from him about fixing his hammock, redoing his whipping, adding a ridge line, etc.... I just smiled. I'm glad he's really into it. I am too. :)
On Tuesday I got a bunch of emails about sewing machines. That night we went to 2 different Target stores AND a hobby lobby to try to find a certain Brother brand sewing machine. NO luck, all out of stock. Boo was a bit bummed about it.
On Wednesday I get a call around lunch time that he is going to Wal-Mart to by a sewing machine. hahaha! That boy is persistent! When I hadn't heard from him after lunch, I thought maybe Wal-Mart didn't have the brand either. So I emailed him to see how his trip went. All he emailed back was, "the lady asked me if I was buying it for my wife." hahahaha! I laughed so hard, thank goodness he didn't see me at my desk with tears spring up in my eyes. I can just see it now. Strutting into Wal-Mar, excited to buy a sewing machine to make adjustments to his hammock. Priceless. And then this little old white-haired lady in the sewing department deflates his manly man status by asking him if he is buying this for his wife. hahaha! Knowing him, he probably just smiled and said yes. Then walked away sucker punched. awww..... poor thing. I told him he needed to use the hammockforums.net motto that all the guys use. "WE DON'T SEW! WE MAKE GEAR!" hahahha! Anyways, we got our sewing machine, Thanks boo! now on to making a mosquito net for our hammock, a tarp, some stuff sacks, ....pillows for the guest room, some window treatments for the dining room....... ahhahaa! Til next time. "WE DON'T SEW, WE MAKE GEAR!"

No comments: