Monday, June 8, 2009

Dog Pond Therapy

Sunday I was feeling really bummed. Just one of those days. You know, one of those days that nothing goes right. No matter how hard you try to fix it, you can't shake that bummed feeling and it consumes you, so you just give up and let it swallow you. I decided to just slip back into bed, not move, not make a sound, just go back to sleep and wake up to a new day. Well, Boo wasn't having any of that. He tried to get me out of bed by promising to go on a short hike. No, not feeling it. Then he pulled a trick out of his hat and suggested we should take the dogs to their favorite pond. There was no way I could deny those little furry, lovable, happy go lucky, constant companion clowns from their favorite spot. It's crazy how you can love these little creatures more then yourself sometimes. So I zombie walked to the bathroom, showered, put on shorts, a t-shirt, and a hat, gathered the dog leashes, and half heartily climbed in the car. The dogs were going crazy, they knew something fun was just around the corner. Boo stops at Subway to grab a sub for us to picnic on, since it was 3pm and I haven't eaten a thing all day. We arrive at the pond and the dogs bound out and splash into the water. He tosses the retriever toy a few times for thing one, then we pick a shady spot to sit and split our subway sandwich. Boo will never know just how healing that little trip to the pond really was. It turned around my entire day. It was exactly what I needed at that moment. Just to sit with my little family and feel loved. Thank you for the dog therapy Boo. I love you. XOXOXOXOXOX

No comments: