Saturday, August 16, 2008

Geocaching


Today I decided to take it easy plan a couple of fun geocaches with my mom, my dogs, my boo, and the little kid my mom babysits. For those of you who don't know what Geocaching is, Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers called "geocaches" or "caches" anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook and "treasure," usually toys or trinkets. Its a great way to get kids outdoors and hiking! We found a 3 mile loop that had two caches on it. The first cache was about 2 miles in and was pretty easy to find. In fact, the rug rat we were with was the first one to find it. He was so excited, to the left is a picture of him opening the ammo box to see what kind of treasure he found. We signed the guest log, picked up a light-flashing pen, and left a rubber stamp and a Travel Bug that we had originally picked up when we were in the mountains. A Travel Bug is a trackable item that moves from place to place, picking up stories along the way. The second cache took us around 20 minutes to find. It was hidden so well, but I finally found it. This treasure chest had a ton of little toys in it. We signed the guest log, picked up a mini-gorilla figurine and left a squeaky toy and some golf tees.
Afterwards, we went back to my moms house and had a BBQ. By now you probably know that I love me some burgers, well, Moms hooked it up today!! She made these HUGE, thick cheeseburgers that were SO good. She also made BBQ chicken, shrimp, and baked potatos. Man did we feast. After lunch we played ball with the dogs and made some "art"with some play-dough before we headed back home. It was a nice, easygoing day, spent enjoying the outdoors with my loved ones.

No comments: