Sunday, October 14, 2007

Meditation in Motion


I don't know about you, but I love Fall. Its the perfect time of the year to get in some great backpacking trips. The weather is cool, the leaves are changing color, and best of all.... the trails are less crowded! Something about being on a trail completely relaxes me. Not sure if its the solitude, the seclusion, the exertion, or the views. Its probably a combination of it all, but when I'm on a trail, I am IN the moment. No thinking about work, my "to do list", my tennis match on Monday. Nothing but me, the awe-inspiring views, and the sound of leaves crunching beneath my boots. Seriously, its like meditating in motion. My mind is clear and my body is on auto pilot, moving one foot in front of the other, propelling me forward, deeper into the woods, and further from everyday stresses. (Carvers Gap)

No comments: